- Another Good Indiana Harvest Window AheadAnother Good Indiana Harvest Window Ahead This week has been back to the soybean and corn fields for farmers affected by rain delays, and the new harvest forecast says more good harvest conditions are ahead during most of the next ten days. But Hoosier Ag Today meteorologist Ryan Martin says ... read more
- Drones Aren’t Just the Future, They’re the Right NowDrones Aren’t Just the Future, They’re the Right Now The Internet, the smartphone, and online shopping: all of these had their skeptics when they first launched. Now, they’re commonplace. They improve efficiency and, ultimately, your bottom line. Could the same be said for drones? Many see them as toys or ... read more
- Small Refinery Exemptions Destroy Demand for BiodieselA letter by the National Biodiesel Board asks the Environmental Protection Agency to fully account for small refinery exemptions in the annual Renewable Fuel Standard rules. Specifically, the letter addresses EPA acting administrator Andrew Wheeler, asking him to “end the demand destruction for biodiesel.” The letter asks EPA to set ... read more
- Hoosier Seib Reappointed to United Soybean BoardMark SeibSecretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue appointed 16 soybean farmers from across the country to the United Soybean Board (USB), including Hoosier Mark Alan Seib. Seib is a returning director having been reappointed to the board. These farmer-leaders will be sworn in as directors at the USB annual meeting in ... read more
- AFBF Coalition Tells Court to Throw Out WOTUS RuleA 2015 rule that expands the federal government’s control over private land nationwide should be vacated in its entirety, attorneys argued in papers filed with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. AFBF and a broad coalition of business groups, along with the state of Texas and ... read more
- The Blue Wave of FFA Jackets Set for Indianapolis Next WeekBlue-Wave-of-FFA-Soon-Back-in-Indy The blue wave in Indianapolis next week is all about FFA students from around the country returning to the Hoosier state in their blue jackets for the annual national convention. When the 91st National FFA Convention & Expo starts Wednesday, it will mark the start of a week when ... read more
- Wheat Planting UnderwayWheat Planting Underway Corn and soybean harvests are moving along rapidly, and winter wheat planting is also underway. All wheat acres are forecast to be up 4%, but this still represents the 2nd lowest acreage figure since records started being kept in 1919. The latest USDA figures show that about ... read more
- USDA Offers Secure, Convenient Online Business OptionsFarmers and agricultural producers in Indiana have new online options to access U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) programs. Through USDA’s new streamlined process producers can now register, track and manage their applications for the Market Facilitation Program (MFP) and 2017 Wildfires Hurricanes Indemnity Program (2017 WHIP) on the secure and ... read more
- U.S. Seeking Trade Agreements with Japan, EU, UKThe U.S. formally announced it will seek trade agreements with Japan, the European Union and the United Kingdom. U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer announced this week that the U.S. will seek to negotiate three separate trade agreements with Japan, the EU and the U.K. The European Union has downplayed the ... read more
- No USMCA Vote This Year and Further Farm Bill Delays PossibleAs expected, the U.S. Senate will not consider the updated North American Free Trade Agreement, known as the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, in 2018. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told Bloomberg News a vote on the updated agreement would not happen until after the New Year, saying, “My trade advisers say you ... read more
...sub-freezing Air Has Arrived... ...freeze Warning Remains In Effect Until 9 Am Cdt This Morning... * Temperature...at Or Below 32 Degrees For A Few Hours. * Impacts...the Sub-freezing Air Will Damage Or Kill Unprotected Sensitive Vegetation. ...Read More.
Effective: October 21, 2018 at 4:17amExpires: October 21, 2018 at 10:00amTarget Area: Gibson; Pike; Posey; Spencer; Vanderburgh; Warrick
...freeze Warning Remains In Effect Until 9 Am Edt This Morning... * Temperatures...lows In The Lower 30s. * Timing...this Morning. * Impacts...outdoor Plants Will Likely Be Damaged Or Killed. ...Read More.
Effective: October 21, 2018 at 4:13amExpires: October 21, 2018 at 9:00amTarget Area: Dearborn; Ohio; Ripley; Switzerland
...freeze Warning Remains In Effect Until 10 Am Edt This Morning... * Temperature...low Temperatures Will Fall Into The Upper 20s And Lower 30s Early This Morning. * Impacts...unprotected Plants That Are Sensitive To Freezing Temperatures Will Be Killed. ...Read More.
Effective: October 21, 2018 at 3:39amExpires: October 21, 2018 at 10:00amTarget Area: Bartholomew; Brown; Daviess; Decatur; Greene; Jackson; Jennings; Knox; Lawrence; Martin; Monroe; Sullivan
...freeze Warning Continues This Morning, Another Later Tonight... Temperatures Have Fallen Into The Mid 30s In Many Spots This Morning, And Should Continue To Fall Down Around Freezing By Sunrise. Temperatures Are Expected To Be At And Below Freezing Again Later Tonight Over Central Kentucky So Another Freeze Warning Has Been Issued For Most Of Central Kentucky. ...Read More.
Effective: October 21, 2018 at 4:00amExpires: October 21, 2018 at 10:00amTarget Area: Clark; Crawford; Dubois; Floyd; Harrison; Jefferson; Orange; Perry; Scott; Washington