On Friday, February 3, just before 4:30 p.m., Trooper McQueary was patrolling US 52 near Manson Colfax Road. Trooper McQueary attempted to stop a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt for speeding, along with numerous other traffic violations. The driver was later identified as Travis Martin, 29, from Thorntown. When Trooper McQueary attempted to stop the Cobalt, it fled southeast on US 52 at a high rate of speed.
Trooper McQueary continued to pursue the Cobalt southeast on US 52 into Boone County, where Martin began to slow down. The Cobalt stopped in the right lane just north of County Road 700 North in Boone County. Martin exited his vehicle and was safely taken into custody. Officers on the scene then discovered that there were two children inside the vehicle.
While speaking with Martin, Trooper McQueary observed signs of impairment. Trooper McQueary administered Standard Field Sobriety tests, which Martin failed. Martin refused to take a certified test and was transported to Clinton County Jail.
Arrested and preliminary charges:
– Travis Martin, 29, from Thorntown, IN
- Resisting Law Enforcement with a Vehicle – Level 6 Felony
- Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated with Passengers Less Than 18 Years of Age – Level 6 Felony
- Neglect of a Dependent – Level 6 Felony
- Reckless Driving – Class A Misdemeanor
- Aggressive Driving – Class A Misdemeanor
- Operating a Vehicle with a Controlled Substance in the Body – Class C Misdemeanor
- Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated – Class C Misdemeanor
If you drink don’t drive!