Flora Airport (5I2) is hosting a “Touch a Truck, Touch a Plane” Fly-in/Drive-in this Saturday, September 16 from 10 AM to 2 PM.
The Flora Airport event is designed to celebrate aviation, display and fly aircraft and answer questions about aviation and flying. The four hour event includes family-friendly offerings such as:
- Rosie’s Creamery Ice Cream Truck
- FREE Balsa Airplanes to the first 50 kids
- Static Displays of Planes, Trucks and Tractors for the kids to see “up close and personal”
- Free admission. Park West of the fence in designated area.
- Watch the aircraft take off and land on the turf (grass) runway that is over 2,000 feet long and almost 100 feet wide.
The event is hosted by the Flora Municipal Airport located one mile west of Flora on State Road 18, then turn south for 1/2 mile on 150 West.
Pilots from other airports are encouraged to fly in and enjoy some ice cream and answer questions too.
Rosie’s Creamery will be selling Sandwiches and Ice Cream from their concession truck. Admission and Balsa Planes are free (while they last).