Ten different street paving projects will be completed this fall using a combination of local funds and funding awarded through the state’s Next Level Roads: Community Crossings matching grant.
According to Street Superintendent Jason Forsythe, Board of Public Works members approved the following street projects. This list does not reflect the order of the work that will be completed.
- John Street from West Barner Street to Baldwin Court
- Armstrong Street from Jackson Street to Clay Street
- Wabash Street from Jackson Street to Third Street
- Wabash Street from Third Street to 7th Street
- Morrison Street from Jackson Street to Columbia Street
- Second Street from Walnut Street to South Street
- Williams Street from Washington Avenue to Walnut Street
- Third Street from Walnut Street to South Street
- Washington Avenue from Hoke Avenue to Maish Road
- A portion of Palmer Street
Milestone Contractors was awarded Frankfort’s paving projects at the July 13 Board of Public Works meeting. Tentative plans call for milling work to begin on Tuesday, September 1. Street-specific information and road improvement progress will be updated regularly on the City’s website and social media.
Does this mean the Washington Avenue project is no longer going forward? I asked you again?
No, the Washington Avenue project will continue next year as planned.