The Clinton County Community Foundation has awarded $64,590 in competitive grants during the second half of 2018. Combined with the first half total of $80,900, this brings the total of competitive grants awarded to $145,490 for the year.
“These grants are made from our unrestricted community endowment funds,” said Alan Dunn, chairman of the Clinton County Community Foundation Services Committee. “For a limited time, we are in a match period that will increase our grantmaking capabilities by building our endowment assets. For every $1 given to our community endowment unrestricted funds, Lilly Endowment Inc. will provide a $2 match. What a great opportunity to have your giving increased and support the services and programs provided by nonprofits that are so important to our community.”
The following agencies and programs were awarded grants from community endowment unrestricted funds:
- $12,000 to the Clinton County Fair Council will provide funding support for the “Dog Building” purchase project.
- $4,000 to Healthy Communities of Clinton County will be used to bring the Addicted to Knowledge Stay Sharp drug prevention presentation to Clinton County schools. The presentation is designed to educate students on drug and alcohol abuse and the consequences of personal choice.
- $40,000 to Kirklin Main Street provides funding for the Kirklin Main Street Streetscape Project.
- $5,590 to the Lafayette Adult Resource Academy provides partial support for the Clinton County Adult Education Program. Grant money will help to cover the costs of materials and equipment for the program.
- $3,000 to Servants At Work will be used to buy materials needed to construct wheelchair ramps for three Clinton County residents. All work is completed by Clinton County volunteers.
The Clinton County Community Foundation is a not-for-profit charitable organization created in 1996. The mission of the Foundation is to connect people, resources and causes to produce a positive and sustainable change in the communities it serves. For details about making a charitable gift or establishing a permanent endowment fund to benefit a charitable organization or interest in Clinton County, please contact the Community Foundation at (800) 964-0508 or visit the Web site at www.cfclinton.org.