The Frankfort Fire Department is now accepting applications until September 6. Applicants can apply at frankfort-in.gov/departments-and-services/human-resources/ and must consider the following guidelines for employment with the Frankfort Fire Department:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- Applicant shall be at least 21 years of age and shall not have reached their 36th birthday by date of employment.
- Must be a high school graduate in possession of a high school diploma or an accredited G.E.D.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a written examination, physical examination, physical confidence test, ladder climb and an oral interview.
- Live in Clinton County or county adjacent to Clinton County.
- Must pass physical examination and psychiatric examination through the Public Employee Retirement Fund (PERF).
- Must not be convicted of a felony.
- A dishonorable discharge from military service shall disqualify the applicant and a discharge other an honorable may be ground for rejection.
After filling out the application online, the applicant must turn copies of the following to the Frankfort Fire Headquarters Office before/on September 6 (201 S. Clay Street, Frankfort, IN 46041).
- Birth certificate.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certification.
- Any Fire/EMS Certifications.
- Any secondary education diploma or vocational diploma.
- Signed authorization for criminal history check.
- Signed liability waiver and release form.
The Criminal History Record form and Liability Waiver and Release form will be located at the Frankfort Fire Headquarters Office. These forms may be filled out, signed and turned in the same say with all other forms, certifications and licenses needed.