Just before 10:30 p.m. Saturday, Trooper Wiley responded to an unconscious person inside a vehicle at the intersection of County Road 500 East and 1200 South. Trooper Wiley and a Montgomery County Deputy located Bradley Cain, 40, Lafayette, in the driver’s seat of the vehicle, which was still in drive. While speaking with Cain, Trooper Wiley observed numerous signs of impairment. Cain was later transported to a local hospital by EMS.
During the course of the investigation, Trooper Wiley utilized a Montgomery County K-9 that alerted to the vehicle. After a subsequent search of the vehicle, officers on the scene located suspected methamphetamine, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia. Trooper Wiley later discovered the vehicle was reported stolen out of Lafayette. The vehicle was recovered and later returned to its owner.
Trooper Wiley met Cain at the local hospital and offered him the opportunity to take a certified test, but he refused. Trooper Wiley obtained a warrant for a certified test, and the results of that test are pending. Upon being released from the hospital, Cain was transported to Tippecanoe County Jail by Trooper Wiley.
Arrested and Preliminary Charges:
– Bradley Cain, 40, Lafayette
- Vehicle Theft – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – Class A Misdemeanor
- Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated (Endangerment) – Class A Misdemeanor
- Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated – Class C Misdemeanor.