Linden Depot Museum is pleased to announce that it is opening for the 2020 season this Friday, July 3. The museum complex plans to be open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m. through the end of October.
During the Covid-19 shutdown, Gary Vierk, President of the Museum, along with several volunteers have worked on some exciting projects for our visitors to enjoy. All of the additional mechanical parts of the steam engine have been installed, and work has started on installing the boiler lagging this week. Installing and painting the lagging is one of the final steps in constructing the full-sized replica of the 1837 Norris Steam Engine.
The museum is pleased to have acquired a set of five vintage-era street lamps which have been installed along the promenade between the two museum buildings along with several new railroad benches that were generously donated to the museum. Anyone driving by the museum after dark can see how beautifully the grounds are now lighted!
The HO model train display in the HO building has been completed with the circus tents finished and installed. The Interlocking Electrical Equipment Shed (previously referred to as the Block House) is in the process of being restored to its original function of housing the controls for use in operating the signals and switches in the area.
Linden Depot Museum is located at 520 North Main Street (US Highway 231) in Linden. Linden Depot Museum is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation operated by an all-volunteer staff; 100% of all donations goes towards museum acquisitions, maintenance, and projects. For further information, visit www.LindenDepotMuseum.org, or email: LindenDepotMuseum@gmail.com, or text or call: 765-427-3630 or 765-404-8560.