Purdue Extension Closed Due to Fire

The Clinton County/Purdue Extension Office at 1111 S. Jackson St. will be closed the remainder of the week due to a fire that took place mid-Wednesday afternoon.

“We are closed the rest of the week,” said Bethany Perlee of the Extension Office. “The office is full of smoke. The fire department did a great job of stopping it.”

Perlee said the majority of the damage was done to her office and the conference room which is located on the south side of the building.

According to a release from the Frankfort Fire Department, they were dispatched at approximately 2:57 p.m. Upon arrival, they saw smoke emitting from the south side of the structure. Firefighters located fire around the entrance door on the south side and immediately began fire suppression tactics and checking for any potential fire extension.

No occupants or firefighter injuries were reported. It is believed that a spark from welding may have strated the fire.

No damage figure was available.

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*