Washington Avenue Road Project to Begin Next Month

With the Washington Avenue Road improvement project set to get underway, the public is asked to be careful and follow the instructions by construction crews and signage when accessing and using Washington Avenue between Williams Road and Hoke Avenue.

The road replacement project will include new sidewalks, new asphalt as well as new utilities and the removal of the railroad crossing near the Milky Way. The first part of the project will include utility relocation starting the second week of December. You will begin to see signage in the next couple weeks. Road, sidewalk and curb work will take place in April of 2019, and the project will be set to be completed by August of 2019.

We ask for everyone’s cooperation to help insure the safety of drivers, pedestrians and the construction crews. We are excited for this project to start and thank you for your patience through the project’s completion.

The Local Public Agency (LPA) $3.7 million dollar federally funded infrastructure improvement project is an 80/20 split, meaning 80 percent is federally funded and the remaining 20 percent comes from local funds.

Atlas Excavating is the prime contractor and American Structurepoint is providing onsite project monitoring.