The Indiana Department of Transportation announces there will be overnight ramp closures on I-65 in Boone County beginning next week, Monday, July 26, weather permitting. The closures are for full depth patching, milling and paving and stone shoulder work. Please note the closures will not begin until 7 p.m. and will reopen by 6 a.m.
Dynamic message boards will be utilized during these closures to alert motorists of the exact closures. The schedule currently is as follows:
- July 26, I-65 SB exit ramp to C.R. 100 E (Exit 138)
- July 27, S.R. 39 on ramp to I-65 SB (Exit 139)
- July 28, I-65 NB exit ramp to S.R. 32 (Exit 140)
- July 29, I-65 SB exit ramp to S.R. 32
- July 30, S.R. 32 on ramp to I-65 SB
- July 31, I-65 SB exit ramp to S.R. 39
- August 2, S.R. 39 on ramp to I-65 SB
This project was awarded to Milestone Contractors LP for $5.5 million. This project includes concrete restoration on I-65 and patching and resurfacing the ramps from just south of S.R. 39 to just north of S.R. 32 and is scheduled for completion at the end of September.
INDOT reminds motorists to follow the posted work zone speed limit, use caution and consider worker safety when traveling through a construction zone.
Motorists in West Central Indiana can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time via: